Right now, I have been thinking about stem-cell research a lot. It seems like an OK thing to do. Here's the plus's about it (or the ones I can think of):
- They have the potential to treat or cure a myriad of diseases, including Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, spinal cord injuries and burns.
- The embryo that your killing cannot feel, so it'd be painless.. or just blah since they do not know of pain yet.
- Stem cell research is the next step in advancing the medical field.
- This research also benefits the study of development events that cannot be studied directly in a human embryo, which would cause major clinical consequences such as birth defects, infertility and pregnancy loss.
Those are some of the benefits of stem-cell research that I have found. Here is the disadvantage:
- You'd be killing a living thing.
How do you feel about stem-cell research?